Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Foo Fighters

I'd have to say that Dave Grohl and his band of Fighters of Foo are my all time favourite band. I love their music, Even the early stuff, which was just Dave on his own in a shed milling about playing everything like some wonderfully good one man band.

The band's progression is wonderful to behold, just by listening to a couple of tracks from each album it is possible to see a sound so individual and unique developing. I await each new album with baited breath. Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace was, for me, a masterpiece, and analysing when their past albums came out told me that one should have come out this year already so where is it.

And then they released a Greatest Hits album. My rage is unspeakable, I wanted an new album and a new chapter in the story of this band's progression. Not some list of songs I already own, with a couple of new ones chucked in to keep people like me happy. That kind of thing doesn't keep people like me happy.

Of course if this puts them on tour doing a greatest hits show, I would definitely go to see them but that doesn't change the fact that I don't have anything new to listen to from them and say how wonderful it is, and that's all I want.

No comments: