Monday, 7 September 2009

Waterstones

I've had a really big issue with an order I placed with waterstones quite some time ago, which I have still not received entirely. I won't say much more, here is the email I have sent to their customer service department, I'm so fed up and I think people should hear about this sort of thing.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have emailed you regarding an order part of which was lost in the post. I reported the missing item the day of delivery by phone. I was told I would receive an email from you within 24 hours detailing when I would be receiving my goods. Several days later I received an email asking me to return damaged goods with a letter requesting either a refund or a replacement. I emailed back saying I did not receive the good, and that you had sent me an incorrect email, and I still have not received a reply from you, long after the 48 hour reply time you stated in said email. It has now been over 3 weeks since I placed the order and I have not received my book.

I think this is quite appalling customer service, and I request either a refund for the book A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin or preferably the book delivered immediately.

It really is time companies realised how important customer service is in this day and age. Anyone can have a blog, and if they have something bad to say about your company, it can potentially be read by millions.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Sincerely,

Stuart Scrace.

Please digg this use stumbleupon, anything, word of mouth is so important, and with the internet should be easier to use.

Of course if you disagree with what I have to say, please leave a comment and I will endeavor to reply to you.


*UPDATE*

I have just received a reply to my email, a tracked replacement is on it's way to me, and they've added 500 points to my card as a gesture of good will. After everything that happened this is very good, but it still shouldn't have happened in the first place, I'd rather the book had come on time than got this extra bit. People shouldn't be rewarded for complaining, but should be compensated appropriately, I feel this has happened.

No comments: